Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hell...it's not just for children

I'm in Hell. OK, maybe that's a bit melodramatic. For one thing, I'm pretty sure an eternity of weeping & gnashing of teeth is accompanied by an endless loop of Nickelback tunes. Still, things have been extremely unpleasant for the past five months. Well, 2 & 1/2 years, really, but this latest stretch has really sucked.

I'll save the details for a future post & just state that I wouldn't wish what I'm going through on anyone & that includes people I don't particularly like. It sucks to be blindsided by something & come to the realization that you have little control over trying to achieve a positive outcome. Oh, yeah, & the insomnia that's a byproduct of all this is hampering my ability to function, as well.

I'm generally a cheerful person & realize that there are people much worse off than me. In the long run, things will work out one way or the other. But they will probably suck for the next year or two.

In the meantime, after I get through this busy stretch at work, I hope to make better use of my new camera. I'm still such a novice at video & have always favored stills, but when my strobe shit the bed last month, I was forced to play with video. Here's a juvenile damselfish swimming around. No, I don't have Parkinson's. I just need to work on keeping the camera still on drift dives.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm....this expresses something yet I feel A LOT is left out and I am missing a big part....
    I mean writing about shitty stuff is not easy and talking about, I think, is even harder....but whatever it is I hope you know that even though we all fuck with you, we are always here for you......
    I hope things get better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things will improve for you, soon... and not just at work. I know you have been dealing with stuff for a while now & I hope you will find a solution. I'll keep you in my thoughts and try to make you laugh whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I love the video! You should post more.

    2. I don't really know what I can add to this that I haven't already said about your situation, but just wanted to reiterate that you know I'm around anytime you need anything at all. And no matter what happens, you'll be OK. I promise.

    ReplyDelete